Prior to its current location, the Marlboro Post Office used to be located in the Carpenter Building on Western Avenue. Seeing the need for a larger building, a parking area, and an entrance for trucks to deliver the mail, a new building was constructed at this location in 1958. At its dedication ceremony on September 20th, 1958, an American flag was presented to the postmaster, which was sent by the US Postmaster General at the time, Arthur Summerfield.
Amodeo. E., Pagnotta, J. & Cosgrove, J. (2012). Images of America: Marlborough (p. 44). Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing.
"Marlboro to Get New Post Office." (1957). Newburgh News.
"Refreshments Music Features at P.O. Ceremony. (1958). Marlboro Free Library: Local History Collection.