Prior to its current location on the corner of Grand Street, the Marlboro Hose Company was first located just north of where the present day Raccoon Saloon stands and was incorporated in 1897. In the beginning, the fire department mostly had to provide for itself. It was not until 1924 that Marlboro Hose received public monies. In 1950, Marlboro Hose constructed a new firehouse at this location and remained here until 1976.
After Marlboro Hose moved from this location, it was later owned by the Great River Winery. It is now an automotive garage.
Amodeo. E., Pagnotta, J. & Cosgrove, J. (2012). Images of America: Marlborough (p. 82-84). Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing.
“French Hybrid Winery Opens at Marlboro.” (1978). Southern Ulster Pioneer.
Town of Marlborough Bi-Centennial Committee (1978). Picture Book: As We Were- As We Are: Marlborough-Milton. NY. (p. 59). Saugerties, NY:Hope and Farm Press Bookshop.